The first meeting of 2017 of the current board of management took place in the school on Tuesday, March 7th. All members of the board attended.
The finances involved in the building of the extension to the school were chosen for a random audit by the Dept. of Education. Board treasurer, Catherine Moran, informed the board that this audit had taken place after Christmas and had been passed successfully.
The board thanked the Parents’ Association for their efforts and the funds they have raised in recent months: a clothes collection brought in €126 (which will go towards sports gear) and the association also donated €200 to the recent science day. The PA organised and sponsored a talk on cyberbullying for both pupils and parents and is currently creating a cookbook – again, with any profits going towards the school.
The school has not been included on the expanded list of DEIS schools. Margaret Duffy will write to the Dept. of Education, seeking information on why it was overlooked and also to see if there are any steps that we can take to be reconsidered.
Three new pupils are entering the school in April and 13 pupils have been registered for entering junior infants this September.
- The pupils are currently doing extra activities on Thursdays. First to 3rd class are doing drama, whilst the remaining classes are doing yoga. These groupings will continue in this manner until Easter, after which they will switch.
- Camogie and hurling training will begin next week.
- The Administration of Medicines policy is very close to being finished. It is hoped that it will be ratified at the next meeting of the board.
- The school’s new Child Protection Statement is now ready and is available from the school and on this site. Click here to read/download it.
- Easter holidays will begin on Friday, April 7th, with the school reopening on Monday April 24th.
- The school will be closed on Tuesday May 16th, as the teaching staff will be attending a day-long workshop on Oral language skills.
The next meeting of the board will take place in the school on May 15th, at 7.30pm.